Monday, July 18, 2011

sticks and stones


Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. I was always taught this as a little kid. Frankly it’s the biggest pile of shit I have ever known. I have scraped a lot of knees in my time, and even gotten stitches a few times. But I would do that all again just to get rid of the damage that words have left. You forget about scars, they become apart of you and just make you stronger. But words break you down. They flow through your blood like a disease. Creeping into every part of your life and changing how you live. You can never escape the words. No one ever realizes what their words do to people. How they make them feel. Sometimes it makes me wonder, what has been said to the people who say mean things to you? What has pushed them to the point that they have to make people feel miserable?

Words are so simple yet so incredibly powerful. They flow off of our toungs like water flows down a river. But the intensity that lies beneath them is astonishing. So yeah, maybe when your five words can never hurt you. But when all those words start building up and start making an impact on your life, those sticks and stones don’t sound like such a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment